Friday 11th March was the British School of Beijing’s first ever hosting of ACAMIS High School Mathematics Olympiad. Twenty (years 10 to 13) - Two teams from nine different international schools around Beijing participated in this incredible, exhilarating event and much excitement was had by all. The event took place in the Sports Dome for the day which provided the temporary hub of awesome brainpower and light speed team work.
The final results were:
- First place - ISB Team 1 with 287 points
- Second place - BCIS Team 3 with 280 points
- Third place - BSB Team 3 with 278 points
- Fourth place - WAB Team 2 with 261 points
Out of the 22 teams from the nine schools around beijing, we did brilliantly to get to this position and we should all be proud of our team of four!
Our Stars of the day, concreting our third position, were as follows:
BSB Team 3 (3rd Place) - Tony Choi, Jacob Kim, Elissa Park, Julie Park.
They all received medals for their great teamwork and a crystal trophy which will shortly be displayed in the school.
Our other three teams who also made us very proud too!
BSB TEAM 1 - Yumin Im, JinHan Chun, JooJin Kim, Tilde Stapelberg
BSB TEAM 2 - Eojin Kim, SoJeong Kim, JungHo Joo, Rick Cheng
BSB TEAM 4 - JunYoung, Arc Kim, Elvis Kim, Wool Chul Shin
Very soon we will be hosting the Middle School ACAMIS Mathematics Olympiad which will take place on 13th May 2016 and we will shortly be inviting students from years 7, 8 and 9 wishing to participate and rise to this challenging experience.
Update from: Mr. Paul Readdy, Mathematics Teacher
Note: The 9 international schools that participated were (their initials in alphabetical order):
- Beijing City International School (BCIS)
- Beijing BISS International School (BISS)
- The British School of Beijing (BSB)
- Beijing World Youth Academy (BWYA)
- Dulwich College Beijing (DCB)
- Harrow International School Beijing (HISB)
- International School of Beijing (ISB)
- Western Academy of Beijing (WAB)
- Yew Chung International School (YCIS)