Definitely a short Parent Update this week as my team has a busy afternoon with invitations to watch our Year 5 Poetry Performance, our Year 7 Scavenger Challenge Prize Giving and, my favourite, Class 1E’s One Direction disco!
IMPORTANT DATES (end of Term 2):
23 March: Year 7 Lunch ECAs start
23-24 March: Year 5 & 6 Sports Team selection. Parents and children will be notified.
23-24 March: All Years Orchestra selection. Parents and children will be notified.
26 March: Online sign-up for Term 3 ECAs. We will email all parents the link.
26 March: International Day. Please encourage your child to wear something from their country – or the colour of their flag.
27 March: Last day of term – Coins for Kids competition in the Hall, followed by an early finish (1.00pm) – usual bus service available
IMPORTANT DATES (Term 3): – Please see attached “Term 3 – Print me and stick me on your fridge”. Also here on the website.
In my bid to shorten this email, can I please direct you towards some amazing photos and updates on our website and Facebook page!
- Year 7 Scavenger Challenge – Please click on the Year 7 blog for updates from the students.
- March to Athens – We’ve made it to Afghanistan! Please click here. We’ll be asking the children to bring in their sponsorship money after Easter.
- Family Mini Sports Day – Thank you to the more than 100 parents, teachers and pupils who made this such a relaxed and fun school community event. We’ll be holding our (slightly) more serious Sports Day later in the year.
- Our Stars of the Week in “Linking” – demonstrating how our pupils find connections between different subjects, see others’ perspectives and start to plan strategically.
- Year 5 Poetry Performance – I’ve just been up and have enjoyed some lovely original poems as well as some excellent recitals of some well-know favourite poems. Please see the photos here.
Finally, good luck to all our musicians and singers who have been selected by our Music Department to go through to our global auditions for the Nord Anglia Global Orchestra!
Warm regards from a (finally) sunny Lam Tin!