Demonstrate a commitment to teaching students proper technique, helping them develop strength, flexibility and confidence, along with the discipline that comes from studying a performance art. This person needs to have that ‘spark’ that moves students beyond their obvious abilities and into new and exciting directions. Applicants must be self-motivated, energetic, organized, and reliable.
Seeking enthusiastic dance instructor for the 2017-2018 school year to teach Pre-K4-12 in the following disciplines:
- and/or Hip Hop
- Responsible for choreographing upbeat jazz funk and hip hop routines for half time at school games.
- Ability to edit and mix music needed for performances.
- Engage all students of differing experience levels and capabilities allowing them to experience the art and freedom of dance.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A high school degree or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Dance Education or related field of study preferred.
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in teaching Dance: all ages and experience levels.
- Ability to work flexible hours preferred (available for some morning practices)
- Required to attend all middle school and high school dance team scheduled events including Saturday practices for 2017-2018 school year.
- Strong desire to foster a positive environment and motivate dance students.