What a year it has been at DCIS; a year of achievements and celebrations. It is a great position to be in to be able to say that there are too many to write about, but this is definitely the case, so I will highlight a few:
- The privilege of attending a ceremony arranged by our examination board to recognise high-achieving students. Three students received for achieving the highest mark in all of Singapore for mathematics, geography and physics respectively;
- Watching our participation in sport grow and begin to flourish with a number of teams achieving notable success;
- Witnessing the excitement of our students as they went on their various expeditions to Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Switzerland, Tanzania, New York and Boston. Our students are true globetrotters and benefit greatly from these experiences;
- Our wonderful student led assemblies, covering a host of different topics. It is great to see students standing in front of an audience of 300 of their peers delivering their messages with such confidence;
- The continued development of performing arts, with wonderful music and drama for Carols by Candlelight, Celebration of the Arts and an extraordinary display of musical talent in our recent DCIS Proms. The talent of our students never fails to impress;
- Shakespeare flash mobs expertly delivered in the canteen by our Year 7 students;
- The brilliant work of our Radio and TV student teams in supporting the different activities around the school.
- The launch of our NYAA (Duke of Edinburgh International Award). Our first cohort is well on the way to successfully completing the Bronze Award;
- Some great successes with the various Global Campus activities throughout the year;
- The accreditation by the International Baccalaureate Organisation that allows us to offer the IB Diploma Programme from August.
There have been many others, and the year has been enjoyed by all. It has been a great privilege working at DCIS and my thanks go to our students for their unending enthusiasm and parents for your wonderful levels of support. Finally, none of this would be possible without the dedication of all the staff.
I hope you all have a wonderful summer and return refreshed for the new academic year.
Mr. John Smith
Head of Secondary School