Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that external examinations are run efficiently and in accordance with regulations so as to enable all students to succeed, as well as internal mock examination sessions.
- Arranging external examinations for non-curriculum subjects, including community languages.
- Overseeing the checking and distribution of results and certificates.
- Liaising with Subject Leaders to ensure that entries for IGCSE and IB examinations to CIE and the IBO are submitted in advance of deadlines.
- Organising exam materials, providing safe custody of and organising examination stationery and materials, including question papers, in accordance with regulations. Publication of centre timetables to include dates, times, venues, invigilation, and number of candidates.
- Resolving examination clashes through alternative arrangements.
- Collecting and despatching worked scripts in accordance with the regulations.
- Collecting and despatching coursework and predicted grades for IGCSE and IB in accordance with the regulations.
- Processing enquiries about results and requests for return of scripts.
- Ensuring that costs of retakes etc are reimbursed by candidates/departments, as appropriate.
- Managing the examinations budget and ensuring all costs are accounted for through examination fees.
- Ongoing review of all internal policies relating to assessment and examinations.
- Work with the SENCO to ensure that access arrangements are provided as needed for candidates.
iSAMs and Training
- Data management - archiving data every beginning/ending of term
- Support the Data Manager with request for data for analysis
- Troubleshooting – support with examination portals, eg Edexcel Online
- Management of ‘Internal Exams Manager’ module and ongoing development of internal use
- Training – production and updating of manuals eg Student Examination Handbook, training for examination invigilators
- Support for various modules within iSAMS
- Ensuring any interfaces to 3rd party applications is done in a secure, controlled manner and in compliance with any regulatory requirements
- Creating transcripts for students using internal and external data